Arise and theirs, Burlington! Here’s everything you need to know to get a good start on Tuesday.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Cloudy. High: 63 Low: 52.
Here are today’s best stories in Burlington:
- Lake Champlain ferries hopes to move most of its maintenance operations from the Burlington seafront at Big island. Last week the Grand Isle Development Review the board voted 3-2 in favor of the plan. The decision included stipulations to improve landscaping and ensure adequate safeguards against noise and water pollution. Opponents of the plan have warned that sanding, painting and ironwork could pollute part of the lake from which municipal water comes. (Associated press)
- A South Burlington man is a finalist in United States of today Best of Humankind Award: Person of the Year. René LaBerge was the South Burlington Dolphins Junior Football coach for 55 years. During this time, he even provided a temporary home for some struggling players. His kindness and understanding have been rewarded amply, as several alumni Dolphin the players became coaches in middle and high schools. (UNITED STATES TODAY)
- Howard Center connect with the global mental health movement and host its second annual community-wide recognition and celebration of World Mental Health Day with entertainment throughout the month of October. (Vermont Biz)
- Conservative speaker Charlie kirk come to Burlington – and his October 18 speech is already causing controversy and confusion among Queen Cityresidents of. (vtdigger.org)
- Students and Burlington community members gathered on Green Friday night to attend Community party, an event organized by the UVM Students Union. (Vermont Cynic)
today Burlington Daily is brought to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Whether you want to lower your interest rate or consolidate your debt, now is a great time to consider refinancing. Make the right choice for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Did you know you can feature your local business here for only $ 79 per month? Click here to find out more.
You are now in the know and ready to start this Tuesday. I’ll see you soon! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Danielle Fallon
About me: Danielle Fallon is a writer who enjoys using her creativity to fuel her passion for communication. She is an employee of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and assists Patch.com in the curation of the community newsletter. Danielle also holds a master’s degree in communication sciences and disorders and works part-time as a pediatric speech-language pathologist.