2022 Triumph Tiger 1200 Prototype: A PURE PURPOSE IN DESIGN.
Presentation of the prototype Triumph Tiger 1200 2022…
Breathtaking from every angle, the new Tiger 1200 official test prototype gives more than a hint of the incredible poise and presence of the next generation of Triumph’s flagship adventure machine.
Incorporating all the new Tiger design language, featured in the Tiger 900 family, launched to international fame in 2019, the new Tiger 1200 prototype demonstrates the distinctive and determined look of the new generation.
Developed by our off-road specialists with unstoppable on-road and off-road performance at the heart of its design, every facet of the new Tiger has been engineered with the purpose and intention of delivering the ultimate high-capacity adventure motorcycle. more efficient available.
From its all new and imposing vertical balance, its striking and light front end to its incredible ground clearance, every element combines to deliver the ultimate adventure driving.
2022 Triumph Tiger 1200 Prototype Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
THIS THING IS SWEET! I KNOW THAT A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT (R&D) WAS GOING INTO THIS NEW 1200, AND IT SHOWS. PHENOMENALLY IT HANDLES.
– Ricky Carmichael
2022 Triumph Tiger 1200 Prototype Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
A TRANSFORMATION IN THE ADVENTURE HANDLING, COMFORT AND CONTROL
Only Triumph’s specialist chassis development teams know the secret to perfect ride. With the all-new Tiger 1200, seen here during the last prototype tests, the brief was simple: only the best will do. Designed to be the world’s most compact, agile and manoeuvrable high-capacity adventure motorcycle, the Tiger 1200 will usher in a revolution in capability, control and feel.
The incredible result of thousands of hours of driving and intensive development in the real world, the Tiger 1200 will feature a transformation in rider ergonomics and handling performance, with a new level of specification, as well as exciting innovations in technology, engineering and design.
Optimized for maximum on-road and off-road capacity, no matter where, when and how you ride, driver feedback will be assured and great mileage comfort guaranteed.
THE TRIPLE T-PLANE ENGINE ADVANTAGE
Why can’t you have it all We believe that there is a perfect off-road motorcycle engine. Official testing of the new Tiger 1200 prototype shows for the first time the triple advantage of the Triumph T-Plane in the world of high-capacity adventure.
Delivering more power and character than its closest competitors, the only other shaft-drive bike in the class, the new 1200 engine brings all the low-end torque of a twin, married to the high-end punch and the incredible soundtrack that only the Triumph Triple delivers.
Beautifully smooth and refined, with incredible response and handling, just as perfect for lifting dirt, sweeping corners or crossing continents in style.
LIGHTER AND MORE POWERFUL
The all-new Tiger 1200 transformation is on the way. The all-new Tiger 1200 has now reached its exciting final test stages.
The word “transformation” just doesn’t do it justice. Designed to deliver the ultimate new high-capacity adventure, the incredible Tiger 1200 will bring all the benefits into a whole new family of motorcycles. Now significantly lighter than its closest competitors, with an astonishing transformation in weight, the new 1200 will combine the advantage of the triple horsepower engine with a new dimension in agility, control and handling.
RICKY CARMICHAEL ROUNDS THE NEW TIGER 1200 PROTOTYPE
Most successful motocross rider of all time, Ricky Carmichael, put the new Tiger 1200 official test prototype to the test in an exclusive first lap. Find out what he thinks about this brand new machine.
- Established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 118 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2020. For more than three decades, Triumph Motorcycles have been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and have produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
- Building around 60,000 bikes a year, Triumph is the UK’s largest motorcycle manufacturer and has around 650 dealers around the world.
- This focus, innovation and passion for engineering has today created a wide range of motorcycles suitable for any rider, including the stunning new Trident 660, the epic new Tiger 900, the world leading Rocket Rs and GTs, the new more efficient Street Triple 765RS, the iconic Scrambler 1200, Speed Triple, the transcontinental Tiger 1200, the iconic Triumph Bonneville family including the sporty Speed Twin, the Bonneville Bobber, the legendary Thruxton RS, the Street Twin accessible, the Street Scrambler and the iconic Bonneville T120 and T100, as well as an exciting and accessible A2 range of Triumph motorcycles.
- Triumph currently employs around 1,800 people worldwide and has subsidiaries in UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden (Scandinavia), Benelux, Brazil , India, China and Thailand as well as a network of independent distributors. . Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand, as well as CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
- The Triumph Bonneville, famous for celebrating Triumph’s 1956 land speed record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, USA, was the original British superbike and a race winner, chosen by famous motorcyclists of the past for its legendary handling. , style and character. It’s that handling, character and style, combined with modern driver-centric technology, that makes the new Bonneville family the true modern classic choice of today.
- Triumph has a glorious racing history, participating in and winning races in almost every class and area of motorcycle sporting success. From the victory of the second Isle of Man TT in 1908 to the road and track domination of the 1960s in Europe and America, to contemporary racing exploits with the triumph Daytona 200 2014 triumph of the 675 Triumph cc, the 2014 Isle of Man Supersports TT win, the 2014 and 2015 British Supersports titles and World SuperSport races, and again in 2019, with another win at the Isle of Man Supersports TT, ridden by Peter Hickman .
- The racing legend of Triumph has continued to be the exclusive supplier of engines to the FIM Moto2 ™ World Championship since the start of the 2019 season.
- Triumph Motorcycles is supplying all teams with race-tuned 765cc triples, each based on the class-leading Street Triple RS powertrain. Redefining class and breaking record after record in the inaugural year, including the very first top speed in Moto2 ™ at +300 km / h, the 2020 season got even faster with 11 more all-time records and seven different winners over 15 races.
- Triumph’s racing activities are further enhanced by a return to the British Superbike paddock in 2021 with a factory-backed racing team in the British Supersport Championship.
- In 2021, Triumph announced its upcoming entry into the motocross and enduro worlds as well as a new factory racing effort, with a commitment to top championship racing in the motocross and racing series. enduro.
2022 Triumph Tiger 1200 Prototype – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications / Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ USD
MSRP Canada Price: CDN $
MSRP Europe / UK price: £ (road, 20% VAT included)
2022 Triumph Tiger 1200 Prototype – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications / Technical Details
2022 Triumph Tiger 1200 Prototype – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications / Technical Details
Manufacturer’s specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).